What is the Japantown Community Bulletin Board?
The Japan Center Garage corporation has funded a project to have a central location where community events and meeting notices of public interest can be displayed. The Japantown Task Force will organize, maintain and outline the content of the community bulletin board. Limited space is available therefore certain rules need to be determined and will be strictly followed. This bulletin board is not intended for commercial or political purposes. There will be no charge to post notices. JTF events will have preference over other planned events.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have an event I want to advertise, how do I know if it is appropriate?
Is your event....
- Taking place in SF Japantown?
- Sponsored by a SF Japantown organization?
- A community oriented workshop or meeting happening in Japantown?
My Event is Related to SF Japantown, Now What?
If you have a poster for your event, please drop it off at the Japantown Task Force office located at 1765 Sutter Street (between Laguna and Buchanan Streets)
- If your event does not have a poster, click here to download a form and fill out the required information. Once you have filled it out, email it to email@example.com.
What information is required?
Your poster or event request form should include the following information.
- What: What is the name/title of your event?
- Where: Where is it located?
- When: When is your Event? What Time?
- Who: Is it open to the public? Specific club/group?
- Description of Event: Briefly describe your event.
- Purpose of Event is it a show? Outreach? Informational? Recreation? Workshop?
- Contact Person: Who can I contact for more information?
- Contact information: website, email, phone number, fax?
- Cost of Event: How much does it cost?
- Any additional information: Do the proceeds go to a particular group? Do I need to RSVP?
- Dates to be posted: When should it be posted and removed?
My event has a poster, can I use this instead of filling out a form?
Yes, if you have a poster, we would love to post it inside the community bulletin board. However, please note that it should be no larger than 8.5 x 11.
My poster is bigger/smaller than 8.5 x 11. What are my options?
If you have a small double-sided postcard (for example 5.5 x 4.25) we can use two postcards and glue it to a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. This way people will be able to see both sides of your postcard.
If you have an oversized poster,
- we can shrink it using our copy machine, but it will be in black and white.
- If you want it in color, we recommend going to a local print store such as Kinko's or the UPS store and have them shrink it to 8.5 x 11 in color.
- Another option is to fill out an event request form and we can post that. We will try to include any images as well.
Is your question not answered here?
If you have any other questions or comments, please call the JTF office (415) 346-1239 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.