3 City departments- the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD), the Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD)
and the Planning Department,
invite you and your community to provide input into our strategic planning processes.
“A Conversation on Housing and Community Development”
Will take place on at Fillmore Heritage Center (1330 Fillmore Street)
Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 5:30pm to 7:30 p.m.
We are seeking District 9’s input to inform the development of 6 City strategic plans:
· The Consolidated Plan is the primary MOHCD plan that identifies affordable housing and community development needs and priorities.
· The Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing looks at fair housing issues and how they can be addressed.
· The HIV Housing Plan focuses on housing-related programs for people living with HIV.
· The OEWD Workforce Strategy Framework identifies workforce development needs and priorities and informs the Workforce Local and Regional Plan
· The Community Stabilization Strategy provides the comprehensive analysis and tools City agencies, decision-makers and the public need to make strategic decisions to stabilize our vulnerable populations as the City changes.
· The Housing Affordability Strategy provides a framework to evaluate how our housing policies and plans work together to address housing affordability for our diverse population.
This is an opportunity for all San Franciscans, and especially residents of Districts 5, to share their opinions and experiences related to housing and social service needs,barriers to fair housing, and improving housing affordability.
We would greatly appreciate your assistance with distributing these flyers to your network, including members, staff, clients or customers.
In your communications, please highlight that we will provide food, child watch and Spanish and Cantoneseinterpretation at the event.
Thank you in advance for your help with getting the word out about this event.
We look forward to seeing you there – and to hearing how you would address the housing and social service needs in your community!